PEEL POVERTY ACTION GROUP (PPAG)
Date: Thursday 14th September 2017 9:30 am to 12 pm
Location: JOHN HOWARD SOCIETY, 134 MAIN STREET NORTH, JUST SOUTH OF CHURCH STREET, BRAMPTON
- WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS
- AGENDA : REVIEW /ADDITIONS
- TOUGH TIMES
- BRENDA MURDOCH HOMELESSNESS EPISODE
- MENTAL HEALTH VIDEO PRODUCTION UPDATE FROM 12TH SEPT MEETING
- PEEL CHILDREN’S CENTRE /NEXUS YOUTH SERVICES (DIR. CLINICAL SVCS)
- PPAG RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PPRSC REFRESH STRATEGY
- LIVING IN PLACE CAMPAIGN – ACCESSIBILITY FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
- ONGOING DISCUSSIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS AS UNDER:
Public Consultation on
How to Protect Our Public Hospital Services & Make Our Public Hospitals Better
We want to hear ideas about
- Gaps in services: What public hospital services have been cut and what services are needed in our communities?
- Improving access to care: What are the particular issues of concern regarding hospital planning in your area?
- Properly funding Ontario’s hospitals: Ideas for ensuring that funding goes to care and vital support functions in our hospitals.
- Improving quality of care.
- Improving public access to information and meaningful public input.
- Improving public ownership and democratic control.
- Re-integrating services into public hospitals to improve care and restore public ownership.
- Ensuring hospitals best serve our communities: rural and urban, of diverse age, with cultural sensitivity and respect for our communities’ diversities.
- Other public interest issues.
Next Meeting: NEWCOMER CENTRE OF PEEL, 4THFLOOR BOARD ROOM , 165 DUNDAS STREET (WEST) ,MISSISSAUGA, (NW CORNER OF DUNDAS AND CONFEDERATION)